- Cancer Information
We know that cancer care is far more than just treatment. Counseling, support groups, complementary therapies and activities are available for patients and their caregivers. A team of physicians, including oncologists, surgeons, plastic surgeons and radiation oncologists, customizes cancer treatment to be sure it is the most-advanced and least-invasive possible. Our skilled professional focuses on quality of life and personal care. Learn facts about cancer, its symptoms, risk factors and more. We provide high quality, up-to-date cancer information for cancer patients, their families and carers.
- Events and news
Our previous events, meetings and camp held at various areas.
- Medical equipment rental at home
We provide medical equipments like portable ventilator, hospital beds, suction machines, oxygen cylinders, oxygen concentrator, DVT pumps, wheelchairs, air mattresses etc at very nominal rates.
- Scientific updates
- Get involved
Like western countries, Cancer is increasingly prevalent in India too. More than one in three of us will get cancer. For most of our patients, it will be the toughest fight. We need people like you as volunteer to join our team and help the patients in need.
- Education Research and awareness
Our faculties are committed to achieving excellence in clinical care and education, and they hold deep academic values. In our goal of increasing awareness about pain and palliative care and reaching the concept of total pain to every home in India, Our super specialized doctors are conducting educational activities and awareness program across the country. We offer a wealth of publicly available resources and tools for clinical physicians, nurses, and research associates.
- Mobile healthcare
Our team visits patients at home on request to provide mobile healthcare.
- Join Dardsatya
Join our organization today to fight against cancer and other chronic life limiting illness.
- Success stories from patients mouth
Here are the stories from our patients who overwhelmed by the management done by Dardsatya team.
- Award & Recognition
An extensive annual grants and awards program to support investigators working in pain and palliative care management and to support education in India.
- Find lists of organizations and publications devoted to patient care, research, clinical practice, and education.
- Publications and Online References
These academic journals and other publications focus on specific areas of pain research, treatment, education, and clinical practice.
Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
Official Journal of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, and the U.S. Cancer Pain Relief Committee.
- Uma Srivastava, Parul Chandra, Surekha Saxena, Aditya Kumar, Ashish Kannaujia, Shiv Pratap Singh Rana, Hompriya Issar. Bacterial Colonization And Infection Of Epidural Catheters: A Prospective Study Of Incidence And Risk Factors In Surgical Patients. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia. 2007; 51 (6): 496-500
- Uma Srivastava, Shiv Pratap Singh Rana, Aditya Kumar, Surekha Saxena, Trilok Chand, Ashish Kannaujia, Parul Chandra, Imran Khan. Role of Epidural Anaesthesia and Analgesia in Reducing Postoperative Morbidity and Mortality during Major Abdominal Surgery. Indian Journal Of Anaesthesia 2008; 52 (5): 541-545
- Ashish K Kannaujia, Uma Srivastava, S Saxena, Aditya Kumar, Trilok Chand, S.P.S. Rana. Another version of indigenous light band. J Anaesth Clin Pharmacol. 2008; 24(1): 100-01
- Seema Mishra, Sushma Bhatnagar, Prakash Chaudhary, Shiv Pratap Singh Rana. Breakthrough Cancer Pain: Review Of Prevalence, Characteristics And Management; Indian Journal Of Palliative Care; 2009, Vol 15 (1) 14-18
- Freeny Ann Philip, Shiv Pratap Singh Rana, Seema Mishra, Sushma Bhatnagar. What is happening to me? I really don’t know. How to tackle this Question? Journal of Psychology and Counselling 2009; 1(5):64-65. 7.
- Shiv Pratap Singh Rana, Himanshu Khurana, Surjya Prasad Upadhya, Arif Ahmed, Seema Mishra, Sushma Bhatnagar. Successful Treatment of Phantom Limb Pain with Intrathecal Morphine Pump. Indian J Pain 2009; 23: 344-346.
- Aditi Sinha, Harinderjeet Goyal, Shailja Singh, Shiv Pratap Singh Rana. Quality Of Life Of Ostomates With The Selected Factors In A Selected Hospital Of Delhi With A View To Develop Guidelines For The Health Professionals. Indian Journal of Palliative Care. 2009, Vol 15: (2): 111-114 1.
- Seema Mishra, Shiv Pratap Singh Rana, Surjya Prasad Upadhyay, Sushma Bhatnagar. Use of Epidural Steroid as an Adjuvant in Neuropathic Cancer Pain Management: A Case Report. Am J Hosp Palliat Care November 2010 27: 482-485.
- Seema Mishra, Sushma Bhatnagar, Freeny Ann Philip, Vasudha Singhal, Shiv Pratap Singh Rana, Surjya Prasad Upadhyay, Govindi Chauhan. Psychosocial Concerns in Advanced Cancer Patients: An Observational Study at Regional Cancer Centre, India. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. August 2010 27: 316-319.
- Upadhyay S P, Rana S P, Mishra S, Bhatnagar S. Successful Treatment Of An Intractable Post herpetic Neuralgia (PHN) Using Peripheral Nerve Field Stimulation (PNFS). Am J Hosp Palliat Care 2010; 27; (1):59-62.
- Naveen Yadav, Freeny Ann Philip, Vikas Gogia, Prakash Chaudhary, Shiv Pratap Singh Rana, Seema Mishra, Sushma Bhatnagar. Radiofrequency Ablation In Drug Resistant Chemotherapy- Induced Peripheral Neuropathy: A Case Report And Review Of Literature. Indian Journal of Palliative Care. 2010, Vol 16: (1): 48-51 10.
- S. Shukla, K. Gupta, P. Gurha, M. Sharma, R. Sanjay, R. Shukla, S. Rana. Role Of ß Blockade in Anaesthesia and Postoperative Pain Management after Major Lower Abdominal Surgery. The Internet Journal of Anesthesiology. 2010 Volume 25 (1); 1-17.
- Seema Mishra, Sushma Bhatnagar, Gaurav N. Goyal, Shiv Pratap Singh Rana, Surjya Prasad Upadhyay. A Comparative Efficacy of Amitriptyline, Gabapentin, and Pregabalin in Neuropathic Cancer Pain: A Prospective Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Study. Am J Hosp Palliat Care 2011 Volume 29 (2); [Epub ahead of print]
- Shiv Pratap Singh Rana, Arif Ahmed, Seema Mishra, Sushma Bhatnagar, Hrebert N. Chado. Measuring the Influence of Cervical Epidural Steroids on Current Perception Threshold Measures Using a Neurometer®CPT/C – A Case Report. The Internet Journal of Anesthesiology. 2011 Volume 29 Number 2;
- Shiv P. S. Rana, Arif Ahmed, Vinod Kumar, Prakash Chaudhary, Deepa Khurana, Seema Mishra. Successful Management of Difficult Cancer Pain patient by appropriate Adjuvant and Morphine Titration. Indian Journal of Palliative Care. 2011, Vol 17: (2):162-65.
- Bhatnagar S, Khanna S, Roshni S, Goyal GN, Mishra S, Rana SP, Thulkar S. Early Ultrasound-Guided Neurolysis for Pain Management in Gastrointestinal and Pelvic Malignancies: An Observational Study in a Tertiary Care Center of Urban India. Pain Pract. 2011 May [Epub ahead of print]
- Shiv P. S. Rana, Rahul Gupta, Prakash Chaudhary, Deepa Khurana, Seema Mishra, Sushma Bhatnagar. Cancer Pain Management – Basic Information for the Young Pain Physicians. Indian Journal of Palliative Care. 2011, Vol 17: (2):127-30.
- Mishra S, Bhatnagar S, Rana SP, Khurana D, Thulkar S. Efficacy of the anteriorultrasound-guided superior hypogastric plexus neurolysis in pelvic cancer pain inadvanced gynecological cancer patients. Pain Med. 2013 Jun;14(6):837-42. doi:10.1111/pme.12106. Epub 2013 Apr 11.
- Ahmed A, Bhatnagar S, Shiv Pratap Singh Rana, S M Ahmad, S Jaushi, S Mishra. Prevalence of Phantom Breast Pain and Sensation AmongPostmastectomy Patients Suffering from Breast Cancer: A Prospective Study”. Pain Pract. 2014 Feb;14(2):E17-28.
- Bhatnagar S, Joshi S, Rana SP, Mishra S, Garg R, Ahmed SM. Bedside ultrasound-guided celiac plexus neurolysis in upper abdominal cancer patients: a randomized, prospective study for comparison of percutaneous bilateral paramedian vs. unilateral paramedian needle-insertion technique. Pain Pract. 2014 Feb;14(2):E63-8.
- Satija A, Ahmed SM, Gupta R, Ahmed A, Rana SP, Singh SP, Mishra S, Bhatnagar S. Breast cancer pain management – A review of current & novel therapies. Indian J Med Res. 2014 Feb;139(2):216-25
- Shiv Pratap Singh Rana, Mary Abraham, Varun Gupta, Shubhashish Biswas, Manish Marda. Stellate ganglion pulsed radiofrequency ablation for stretch induced complex regional pain syndrome type II. Saudi Journal of Anesthesia, Vol. 9, Issue 4, September-Dececmber 2015:
- Anil Dhar., Shiv Pratap Singh Rana et al. “Multiple Cerebellar Liponeurocytoma mimicking Left Cerebellopontine Angle and Right Cerebellar Dermoid a Case Report”. EC Neurology 2.1 (2015): 55-60.
- Shiv Pratap Singh Rana SP, Singh S. Use of smartphone application WhatsApp messenger in pain medicine. Indian J Pain 2015;29:185
Here are organizations that specialize in pain and palliative research, treatment, clinical practice and education.
- Releaf, Pain Releaf Centers , www.releafpain.com
- World Health Organization
- Pain Relief Foundation
- Pain Concern
- National Pain Foundation
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- International Association for Hospice & Palliative Care
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
This list of resources may help individuals who are coping with pain. (Note: IASP does not offer patient referrals.)
2014-2015 Neuropathic Pain
Neuropathic pain is pain that arises as a direct consequence of a lesion or diseases affecting the somatosensory system. Despite options of treating neuropathic pain pharmacologically and guidelines for the treatment of neuropathic pain, Many patients are not treated properly or remain untreated.
IASP, led an international IASP task force to plan this year’s campaign and create the fact sheets.